Cancellation policy, non arrival and early check-out:
• Less than 30 days prior to scheduled date of arrival will result in a cancellation fee of 50% of the value of the entire booking.
• Less than 15 days prior to scheduled date of arrival will result in a cancellation fee of 100% of the value of the entire booking.
• “No show” and “early check-out” will result in a cancellation fee of 100% of the value of the entire booking.
• All bookings which are made online (for all affiliates websites like Booking.com, Hostelworld.com, Hostelz.com etc. and knysnabackpackers.co.za or any other website) must be cancelled online.
• It is the guests’ responsibility to make sure that transport to the backpackers on the day of arrival has been arranged up front. Non arrival due to no seats/transport available will not be accepted as a valid reason to cancel accommodation.
• We do not currently have a card facility. Payment can be made in cash or EFT.
• Payments can be made into our bank account, all international bank charges are for the guests account.
• Online bookings pay a 50% deposit by bank transfer. For bookings in high season (December and January) the rest amount (50%) has to be paid 1 month prior to the arrival date. We will request this by e-mail.
• Children do not stay free of charge in our high season
• We reserve the right to quote you other rates than the advertised rates.
• House rules apply for every guest.
• No animals are allowed on the premises.
• Online availability in accommodation can be different than our actual availability.
• Dorm accommodation in the shared dorm is only available for adults over the age of 18 years.
• We do not accept any 3rd party bookings if the company is not disclosed at time of the booking. We can cancel the booking at any time without refunding the money.
• Reselling of our accommodation is only allowed after you have received written permission from the owner of Knysna Backpackers for Backpackers
• All accommodation rates and prices are subject to change at any time!
• Bookings around New Years eve have to be a minimum of 5 nights, please send us an e-mail for more details.
• For all cancellations we will charge an administration fee of R 50.00 per person per night
Knysna Backpackers house rules:
1. Absolutely, under no circumstance, is anyone other than EoA volunteers, KBP lodge guests, or KBP/EoA staff allowed into the house without prior permission. This includes weekends!
2. Please refrain from using illegal substances on these premises
3. The front door is locked at night, please make sure you have a front door key if you are planning on going out. To obtain a key please speak to an KBP staff member (a R100 refundable deposit is required)
4. If you are the last to enter or leave the house at night, please ensure that the doors are closed and locked.
5. Keep all valuables in your room or give them to an KBP staff member to be locked in our safe. (Please note: we are not responsible for any damages, theft, or loss of any kind, for any reason)
6. Respect your housemates and the neighbours’ right to a peaceful evening – please keep the noise down after 9 pm
7. Please respect KBP property and equipment
8. Please keep the house looking neat and tidy – wash your own dishes, leave the bathroom as you would like to find it, and try to keep communal areas tidy.
9. Please note we have water restrictions in Knysna – please be conservative with your water use